CRM in the Manufacturing Industry
The manufacturing industry makes particularly exacting demands on CRM software. It is not surprising, therefore, that off-the-shelf CRM solutions are liable to quickly reach the limits of their effectiveness in this area of application.
Manufacturers of plants and facilities, machines, electronics, tools, semi-finished products, and precision mechanics, or companies operating in the metal-processing sector, for example, all typically have complex products. They also have in common that protracted sales projects require their sales and production operations to work hand-in-hand to manage extensive demands in aftersales and services, for example, or to enable large quantities of information pertaining to customers or potential customers to be treated in a CRM system. Sector-specific CRM software for industry also needs to be able to handle the complex and highly individualized processes involved in quote preparation and calculation.
Even in the standard version, PiSA sales CRM offers specific solutions to just such demands. What you get is a flexible, completely modular CRM software solution that benefits all customer-proximate areas of operation in your enterprise.
Benefits for industrial manufacturers
- A shared knowledge base across different company entities and sites
- Multilanguage interfaces and data content, international addresses, currencies, and units
- Quicker access to case-history, project, and other information
- Structured administration and shared processing even of complex sales projects
- Greater volume of quote throughput, improved quote quality, efficient quote tracking
- A high-performance products and services database
- Centralized product management all the way down to the item level
- Utilization of price lists, efficient calculation
- Connectivity for field sales staff—online and offline
- Efficient field-service trafficking operations
- Mapping of installed basis (products at customer sites, service history)
- Increased sales volume for services and replacement parts
- Maintenance contracts
- Mapping out of even complex interrelationships and enterprise structures
- Highly efficient territory management
- Effective employee analysis
- and much more